Online Event Planning Software to Make Your Next Event Run Smoothly
As we mentioned in our Event Planning Checklist article, being an event planner is one of the most difficult jobs out there. Thankfully, in the digital age, event planners have access to a multitude of event planning software platforms designed to help make their lives easier. Below are a few of the most popular and their pros and cons.
Eventbrite is a platform for professional event planners and community organizers alike to manage event registration and sell tickets.
- Easy to set up
- Enables easy promotion on social media channels and your event website
- Option to promote your event on the Eventbrite website
- Limited to registration management and ticket sales
- No option to choose your own payment gateway
- No ability to set up an event website, manage contacts or anything else one would expect from an event management software platform.
Azavista is an all-in-one platform for planning an event of any size. It offers a robust set of features and its goal is to provide all the solutions for an event planner in one place, without having to use multiple platforms
- Simple and easy to use interface with drag and drop features
- Robust feature set including task management, registration and participant management, on site check in and badge printing, registration fee collection
- Able to book event locations directly through platform
- Excellent customer service
- Takes time up front to set up
- Registration and email functions are very basic and limited in functionality
Used by over 20,000 event professionals, Planning Pod markets itself as a complete event management solution. Like Azavista, it aims to provide all solutions for an event planner in one platform.
- Robust feature set including registration/RSVP management, check ins, event webpage builder, floor plan manager, tasks/calendars, timelines, business tools for leads and proposals
- Price – a little more expensive than other options
- Limited templates for websites and basic floor plan tool
- User interface and navigation is confusing
- Don’t offer onboarding training
Here are some other event planning tools to check out:
Are you planning an outside event? Keep your guests safe from the rain with our Gutterpy Pro tents! Check them out here.